92 ES300 Transmission Problem

I need your advice on my 92 ES300 (149K miles). A year ago at 135K a transmission had to be repaired for $2000. The repaired transmission started acting up again. The same hesitation & jerk shift problem happens when going from 2nd to 3rd.

How much should I expect to pay for the transmission repair? How much does a rebuilt one cost? Is a rebuilt one a better choice if I plan to keep my car for 5 years?

Thanks

Reply to
Tae Kim

My 1988 2.5L V6 Camry still has the original transmission and runs fine, and has more miles on it. The Blue Book value of my 1988 Camry is probably around what you paid for that transmission repair.

I plan on keeping my Camry until it is no longer cost-effective to repair it. Then, I will hold a flag-lowering ceremony to retire it, after all the years (13+) I have owned it with virtually no issues. (Even my 2000 ES300 stalled on me once)

Reply to
Iona Camry