'98 L 400 Startup Problems

On occasion, when the temperature drops into the 50s or so, my '98 LS400, upon turning the ignition key, fires up for a second and then just stops as if it has no fuel. My first thought was 'clean the injectors!!!' but before I spend the money, anyone seen this as a systemic problem with a solution? Thanks.

a) ignition switch could be going bad

b) your battery cables may need tightening

I suspect that your correlation with the temperature is spurious and irrelevant.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The fuel injectors work whenever the engine is running. Unless there's another performance complaint it's NOT the injectors.

Fuel injected engines have a cold start system that adds some fuel for initial (cold) start. That's what needs to be checked.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thanks