AWD rumor

On the Interent, I saw a rumor that the LX430 2005 will have all wheel drive. That is only one year away. Does anyone have more information?

John

Reply to
John

You mean the LS430, right?

All Lexus vehicles with an "X" in their designation automatically come with AWD or full-time 4WD...

Reply to
Mike

...then I guess my FWD RX300 was mis-labeled or there is a magic button somewhere that will turn on the hidden 4WD feature?

Reply to
Duke Dukem

Ah, you must be a Yank...up here in the GWN, all "X" labelled Lexus vehicles have AWD or 4WD as I'd stated...thought I believe there are a handful of exceptions south of the border...

Reply to
Mike

in this case, "X" does not always mark the spot. there are FWD RX's and there are AWD RX's. there are FWD LS's and AWD LS's. :)

Reply to
MudPuppy

crap, i meant RWD LS's. a FWD V8? now wouldn't THAT be something

Reply to
MudPuppy

Is the new 2004 LS available with AWD? I almost bought an MB 4Matic, maybe I should wait.

HarrierAWD

Reply to
HarrierAWD

HUH? FWD LS? AWD LS? I don't think so.

snipped-for-privacy@nycap.rr.com

Reply to
B. Newman

AWD? Why not? M-B is doing it. Audi does it. Even BMW does it in the

3-series.

In fact, given that one of the reasons that people buy SUV's is the AWD safety feature (if you don't think that AWD is better on snow or in rain, you have another "think" coming), putting AWD on a car to wean them back is an excellent idea.

Be surprising if Lexus does not do it, it makes such good sense.

Reply to
GRL

I agree, but it's not in the LS model pipeline for 2004 as suggested.

Reply to
B. Newman