Bad Brakes at 22,000 miles on ES300

Drove my wife's 2000 ES300 with 22000 miles on it. It has had very gentle use. The brakes vibrate the steering wheel very strongly at highway speed and nearlyas badly while slowing down at 25 to 30 mph in the city. That sure does make the decision whether to buy an LS430 or the MBenz S430 easy! Biggest reason to buy the Lexus has been its reliability. But now that is sure shot between the brake jobs required at less than 20,000 miles and the killer delay in the acceleration! DRAT !!!!! Of course my local dealer "can't" get any LS430s to keep in stock, so you can't see what they are like. And that just makes it really difficult to consider buying one - sort of sight unseen. Anyone else had this brake problem at low milage? My wife says she has noticed it for quite a while, but didn't think much of it.

Reply to
MCBRUE

Brake pulsating due to warped rotors is a VERY common problem with all cars, Lexus included. It is not a big deal. You probably don't need anything but the rotors machined. If the dealer won't pick it up under warranty, it shouldn't cost more than $150 or so. Not a big deal and no reason to get rid of a car that otherwise suits your needs.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

Woman driver. All that needs to be said. I have seen many women ride their brakes, or drive with the park brake on.

Reply to
Dan J. S.