2010 PT Cruiser front wheel bearings failed at 22,000 miles

the past few days at the dealers repair shop having the failed front wheel bearings replaced under warranty. I was kind of surprised that they failed at such low mileage, but happy it was still covered under warranty.
Reply to
Steve Stone
You are correct. They should not have failed after only 22,000 miles. Did they start making noise, or how did you know they had failed.
KM
Reply to
greybuck
Did they start making noise, or how did you know they had failed.
Over a one month period I noticed an increase of the noise from the front end at highway speeds that almost sounded like louder than normal tire tread noise, the strength of the noise followed vehicle speed, not engine RPM, not drive train load, increased slightly when turning right on highway cloverleaf, and as a test the noise didn't change with tire rotation or swapping in my winter tires.
Steve
Reply to
Steve Stone