Car Wash Damaging Paintjobs

Has anyone seen swirls in the paint job after taking their car through a carwash? I did several years ago and have not gone to a car wash since. I get the guys in my parking garage to do it. But now I keep my car in a garage that doesn't let their guys wash cars for liability reasons. (I live in NYC - lawyer capital of the universe).

If you live in the city and don't have the luxury of having your own hose, watersupply, and a place to wash the car yourself, how do you wash your car?

Are there any carwashes that don't damage the paint? How does this happen and do the carwashes have any liability?

Reply to
triplezzz

move out NYC or get rid of the car.

Reply to
Joe Liu

Swirl marks are common from car washes with brushes on dark colored cars especially black (no clear coat on black paint) use a "brushless wash" and you won't have any problems.

Myles

Reply to
msb

most likely the swirls are not caused by the wash. they were there before but for whatever reason you did not notice them. this is a thing that happens if you clearcoat and a dark car.

it is on all brands, not just lexus.

Reply to
Jimmy Smith

If it's not out of your way, Lage car wash on Queens Blvd. near L.I.E. is excellent. I washed my Lexus there for over a year, not a scratch on it. Not even a hairline swirl. Best of all, they do everything. You just sit back and watch.

Reply to
HarrierAWD

Thanks to everyone who gave their advice. Joe, you're a retard.

Reply to
triplezzz