Cost on parts for braking system '98 ES300?

I have a '98 ES300 and I took it to AutoParts and they told me, in Spanish (I live in PR), that I had to change the "disco", the "buje" and the "caja de bola" for the rear right tire, and they were going to charge me $270 for it. Now, I know the "disco" is the rotor, and I can assume that the "caja de bolas" is the ball bearing ("bola" = ball), but I'm not sure what the "Buje" is. He did tell me that in this particular car, the "buje" comes integrated with the ball bearing, so that may give you guys a hint of what it may be.

Anyway, where could I find the cheapest prices for these parts? Can I use the cheap Toyota parts (generic, OEM, etc...) for this? And finally, how hard is it to change? This is a rather dumb question since I know nothing about cars, but can someone with no knowledge in car mechanics change it? I'd be willing to purchase a manual and learn.

Thanks.

Reply to
JIm

According to

, "Buje" inSpanish translates to "Bushing". If you intend to continue vehicle service from those speaking a language you don't know, you might want to bookmark the babel site.

Thanks,

Gary

Reply to
Gary Walker

I understand what he said, since I'm from PR, I just didn't know how to translate it in English. Is it true that the bushing and the ball bearing are sold together? The technician at Auto Parts said that the rotor (disc) needed to be changed, but since the bushing and the ball bearing were also bad, they had to be changed first. But he indicated that these two parts are usually sold together.

THanks.

Reply to
Jim

I don't know anything about the Lexus parts construction.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Walker

The disk is usually completely seperate from the bearing - at least in any other vehicle I have worked on Disks are usually changed in pairs A badly worn bearing could, eventually lead to wheel loss / seizure, a badly worn disk usually just wrecks the pads, or causes vibration / brake degredation

Reply to
MrGrumpy

What website would you guys recommend to buy cheap Lexus parts? I was told that those two parts are compatible with the Toyota.

Reply to
JIm

The disc is separate. The two that are usually sold together (that's what I was told) are the ball bearing and bushing. where can i buy these parts cheap? What would the labor usually cost?

Thanks.

Reply to
JIm

I'm not entirely sure what they mean by 'bush' It can be quite difficult to replace a bearing unless you have the correct tool. Generic tools can usually be hired, at least this side of the pond

Reply to
MrGrumpy