ES 330 Transmission Jerking & Hesitation

Does Anyone know if Lexus has done anything more about the transmission problem some owners have or do they simply feel if they wait long enough the problem will go away. I am aware that they came out with some kind of software update for the transmission, but I understand it doesn't always make it better and sometimes it makes it worst. The dealer's Service Rep told me that once the software is installed, it can't be undone.

Do they have a real fix?

Has anyone been successful under any of the State Lemon Laws? Al

Reply to
Al

My wife's 2004 was very bad. I had even considered selling the car. Two months after the update was released I had another "near hit" and called Lexus AGAIN. They told me about the update. The dealer installed it and the car is fine. I have a heavy foot (I drive a Jeep V8) and I am very satisfied.

BTW its not a transmission problem. The original programming withheld fuel at first to keep the emissions clean, its an engine management program that is changed.

Considering that the ES is a hazard with the initial software I took the risk that it might be worse and have no regrets.

What is sad is that neither Lexus nor my dealer kept a list of unsatisfied customers so it appears no one got a call about the new programming. If you complained then Lexus talked to you. Neither the dealer or Lexus apologized in any way. In fact during the same service I asked to have the trunk opening speed reprogrammed and the dealer clipped me for $42. Funny since its the same scan tool as the programming fix is used so the net cost is about 2 minutes.

During the 16 months we had the problem I spent time comparing my 97 Jeep to my 04 ES, interesting that other than water sensitive wipers the Jeep has more features better executed. Such as coded key fobs for each owner, etc.

Definitely a very slow pursuit of perfection!

Al wrote:

Reply to
Howard

my 2002 ES300 has the latest "fix", and it still jerks and hesitates. I doubt the Lexus engineers have figured anything out to fix the problem once and for all. This is the last Lexus I will ever own.

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin