G35 Odometer Problem

I really need help guys I recently Purchased(4 months ago) a 2003 G35 Coupe, 5 speed...A few days ago the odometer stopped working so when I drive the miliage isnt being recorded so I have stopped driving it so when it comes time to sell it, it doesnt look like i did some odometer fraud, I have resorted to driving my wifes van which is horrible...is there anyway I can fix this @ home is there a fuse or something I dont evne know when where the fuse box is please help because the dealership is saying i need to have my car towed there and theyll fix it and I dont want to do that somebody please help Mail. snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net AIM : obeatsthex

Reply to
Sulman22

First of all, the G35 is an Infiniti. You may get better responses in an Infiniti ng than a Lexus one.

Driving it for a few days or a week due to an inoperative odometer is not likely to constitute fraud, although it might count as fraud if you continue to drive with an inoperative odometer for a year.

Does the speedometer work properly? If so, the transmission speed sensor is probably working properly. Do you have a check engine light illuminated? If not, then that is another indicator that the transmission speed sensor is probably working properly and the problem is in the odometer itself.

Reply to
Ray O

If the odometer is broken for a week or two that doesn't create any kind of problem with the value or resale of the car.

Just drive it to the dealership and have them fix it.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Reply to
Sulman22

You probably have to go to the dealership for diagnosis.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

The Nissan group had a few Infinity notes. I did not look very closely, but did see at least a couple Infinity G35 headings.

Reply to
vito