Gas Mileage on the RX 330

We're thinking of purchasing a new RX 330 and was wondering what the average gas mileage, realistically, we can expect.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Dow

Around town best I have gotten is about 18. Between 16 to 17 is more what I expect now.

HIGHWAY: My personal best was 26 mpg - driving between 60 and 65. At more 'normal speeds' expect between 22 and 23 mpg

I have a 2005 RX330

Reply to
sapper

I get between 19 ans 21 in the city with a FWD 2004. 26 on the Highway at 65 to 70. The RX is no sports car but not bad on the mileage for its type.

Reply to
CFL

This is with CAREFUL driving using the mpg display to try to get the best mileage we can: (in a 2004 AWD with 18,000 miles).

In light-traffic city driving similar to semi-congested suburban driving - just under 15 mpg.

70 mph highway driving in flat terrain - ~24 mpg.

The RX330 gets relatively poor mileage city and highway.

If mileage is important to you, the RX330 is NOT the way to go. I think you would do considerably better with a BMW 325ix wagon...or by waiting for the RX350 which will supposedly have a higher hp/better mileage engine. You can also get an RX400h, of course, and that will boost you city numbers to the low to mid 20's.

I am really quite disappointed with the RX330 city/highway numbers. I would have hoped for a couple mpg better in each case. The highway number is particularly galling as it is only 2-3 mpg better than my 2000 Yukon XL, a MUCH larger/heavier vehicle. The Toyota 3.3 L V6 is NOT a good engine for power/economy/refinement.

- GRL

Reply to
GRL

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider "CAREFUL" driving? My vehicle is a lot different (93 ES300), but I'm just wondering what the best practices are aside from accelerating gently, keeping tires inflated, etc.

Reply to
Tyrone Z.

Exactly what you say plus trying to avoid coming to a complete stop by watching ahead for the "freshness" of green traffic lights and traffic. One is, of course, limited my the traffic environment w.r.t. what one can do.

Reply to
GRL