GS430 differential is lame

I was trying to back into my uphill partially iced driveway to get into my garage this evening. One of the rear wheels was on dry pavement, the other on ice. You guessed it, all torque was going to the wheel with no traction so I wasn't going anywhere - I had to get some momentum going from the dry road.

$52k car and no torque sensing diff. I am disappointed. I expected better from Lexus.

I do love the car though, but this tells me handling at the limit isn't that great. Not that I'll be taking this car to the race track, but dammit, for $52k I don't want such stupid differential.

-K

Reply to
Jim Johnson

Well, I can't think of a single RWD luxury sports sedan that comes with limited slip standard, so your complaint is common to the entire class of cars, not just the GS.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

While it may be in a different category than "luxury" RWD sports sedan, the IS300 IS available with an optional Torsen LSD.

Reply to
Greg Suzuki