How reliable are the Lexi SUVs?

How reliable are they? Do they have the transmission hesitation problem that kills the ES330? Do any of them have a movable seat top like the LX430 does? In general, do you like them and have they been satisfactory for long trips?

Thanks. Am thinking of buying one to help tide me over till the new cars come out in the 07 model year.

Reply to
mcbrue

The RX330 is a great vehicle, it does have the same "drive by wire" that the ES330 has, so it could considerable have the same pause in the transmission, but it occurs only with certain driving habits and in certain conditions or circumstances. It only has two rows of seats, the back row is folded down flat for storage, but is not removable.

Drifter

Reply to
smk_drifter

I would hold off on any fly-by-wire Toyota or Lexus car until the issue is addressed by Toyota - which will be soon.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Dan JS....

Do you know how soon that will be when they address this? Week? Month? Years?

And what exactly is the problem they are addressing? Programming?

Reply to
smk_drifter

Also be aware that the theft rate on the RX's headlights is extremely high and the cost of repair/replacement after theft is several thousands of dollars! (the headlights are connected to the airbag sensors which are connected to the electrical harness, etc..) If you are considering an RX, check with your insurance company regarding the insurance premium and ask yourself if owning one is worth the anxiety of worrying about your headlights being stolen. I have an RX, and as nice as it is, I wouldn't buy one again.

Reply to
J Golden

NHTSA is looking at this right now, and will rule if a recall is necessary... i would say weeks... and yeah, probably programming... do a google news search on it... few stories are floating around regarding toyota and nhtsa

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Because of the headlights, or because of the high insurance premium?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I just purchased an RX-330. What is the attraction to the RX's headlights causing such a high theft rate? Actually my insurance premium went down by $150/yr after trading my Sequoia for the RX-330 (Travelers Ins).

Reply to
KJB

Isn't this mainly a problem in NJ and NY? Or did it happen to you somewhere else?

Reply to
Dave Stone

I do not understand why do they drive their Lex in the bad neighborhood. Maybe they live there.

Reply to
Rob