How to remove power window panel ES 300

Hi there, Could somebody tell me how to remove the power window panel in the armrest of a Lexus ES 300 from 1994. I tried it with a flatbed screwdriver, but w/o success, being afraid to break it. thx in advance

Reply to
tussengas

If you're talking about just the switches, I haven't done that. I had a 1992 ES300, and I had to remove the entire panel on the inside of the drivers door many times, because I had pressed too hard on the aging gasoline filler lock release switch, and I pushed the switch down inside the door. To remove the door panel, there is a phillips head screw under the felt-type piece of material at the bottom of the door grab recessed area. Unscrew that. There is one more phillips screw under a plastic pop-off cover at the upper right corner of the door panel-remove that. After that, the door panel is held in place only by labout 4 or 5 large snap type holders. You slide a large flat screwdriver between the door panel and the matal door frame and pry the panel hard. It takes a pretty fair amount of effort. You might feel that you're prying too hard, and might break something, but you won't. Once all snap connections are released, lift up a little on the door panel, and the only connections to the car are the wires from the switches on the door panel.

"tussengas" wrote in message news:b5a73$4382f53b$3ea63acd$ snipped-for-privacy@news.versatel.nl...

Reply to
Pud Knocker

Thank you very much for your quick and excellent explanation. This will be of great help.

Pud Knocker wrote:

Reply to
tussengas