How to remove front door panel in Corolla '03

Hi All, The window frame has probably broken down inside the front door (the driver is working but the window is sitting somehow weired). I want to remove the front panel to try and fixing it myself. How is the panel removed? I think the panel structure is different than on previous design (prior to 2003). Thanks, Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

You can get online access to the factory repair manuals at techinfo.toyota.com for $10/day.

All Toyota door panels are basically attached the same way. There are usually a couple of bolts under plastic caps on the arm rest. Pop the caps off to access the bolts. There may be some phillips head screws along the lower edge of the panel. The rest of the panel is held in place with snap clips that you release by pulling away from the door frame. Once the panel is free, you can undo any wiring connectors.

Reply to
Ray O

I was thinking you forgot to tell him how to remove the snap clip around the window crank....then I remembered...LOL

Reply to
timbirr

Would these instructions also apply to a 01 Prism?

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

---MIKE---

Yes, for the most part. As timbirr mentioned, I forgot to mention how to remove the window crank if the car does not have power windows. To do this, push the door panel towards the outside of the car and with a small screwdriver, pop the c-clip off of the grooves on the crank's shaft and pull the crank off.

Reply to
Ray O

Do any of them not have power windows anymore , it was sort of a joking reply.

Actually, I never had problems getting the clip off, it was getting it back on until someone told me about using an old rag to wedge and pull.

Reply to
timbirr

Using the rag is also the method of removal illustrated in the factory repair manual.

Reply to
Ray O