Just bought an import Celsior in the UK

It is an old one that has apparently been here some time and was an embassy car, but I have no history to prove that.

My question is, will a UK LS400/Celsior be running on Mineral, semi, or full synthetic and what grade for all year round driving.

The car is a 1990/91/92 according to the J plate registration number.

Am I looking at any mad convoluted process to do an oil and filter change service, and do things like sump washers need replacing after oil change?

The car has done 177k kilometers, so I guess, sans history of any kind I should prepare for a belt change sooner rather than later. Any idea who is an independant in the northwest of england who can do that and what sort of price it will cost me? Cheers.

Reply to
Elder

******** The car could be running any of the oil types you mentioned, depending on what the previous owner used.

************ No, you may have to drop the splash shield under the engine if it is equipped with one. Sump washers do not need replacing after every oil change.

The car has done 177k kilometers, so I guess, sans history of any kind I should prepare for a belt change sooner rather than later. Any idea who is an independant in the northwest of england who can do that and what sort of price it will cost me? Cheers.

Reply to
Ray O

No worries. I'm sure a few UK guys will be along to answer that, you have been very helpfull with the rest.

I could entrust it to any indie mechanic, I realise that, but with it being such a large long job on the V8, I don't want them to skimp on attention to detail.

Reply to
Elder