Lexus, baby, Lexus

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty "Built_Well" addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

if it's in Fairfax Va., it's Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly Va.

It's where I got my LS430. It's an outstanding dealership IMHO.

Reply to
kegler

One should note that within the metro DC area, of which Fairfax is the largest jurisdiction, there are 3 Lexus, 5 Acura, 3 Infiniti, 6 BMW,

3 Jaguar, and 3 or 4 Mercedes dealers. Play the situation right and you can get a good deal.
Reply to
Garry Owen

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty Garry Owen addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

Yup. The Lexus dealerships are Rockville, Silver Spring and Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly. I've purchased an ES from Silver Spring and an LS from Pohanka. Of the two, I prefer Pohanka's service about two fold over Silver Spring Lexus. I haven't had any direct relationship with Rockville but I know people who have and they rate them very high as well.

Reply to
kegler

All,

the Dealership quoted me 1500 off the MSRP stick price on the ES350 they would not budge anywhere below that because they claimed the car was selling like hot cakes, its okay though I will wait a until the 3rd quarter and try again.

I currently own a GS and Love it.

I apoligize for the confusion.

snipped-for-privacy@bowl> You could hear a pin drop when the almighty Garry Owen

Reply to
rithkem

Er... complete with burned fingers, usable only within minutes of purchase and so forth? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Thanks for that information.

I'm not much of an expert at car buying, but after getting my Carmy at about $1,300 _under_ the so-called "invoice" price, I've become spoiled and don't think I would ever be willing to pay more than invoice.

I would suggest talking directly to the Sales Manager--not the salesperson--and telling the manager you are only willing to pay invoice price. And see what happens. Who knows, maybe they'll call you back in a matter of weeks or months.

Be sure they show you the invoice, either as an email or a printed copy. Check out how much the advertising or media fee is. That's always an interesting thing to see, especially since Edmunds doesn't keep track of it for the various dealerships.

Some dealerships won't budge below invoice (like the exclusive Toyota dealership in my town), in which case you may want to travel to another town. That's what I did. I bought from a dealership one-hundred miles away that is located in a metropolitan area in which there are 6 or 7 Toyota dealerships all vying for your business.

Reply to
Built_Well

Has anyone in recent years bought a new Lexus like the ES330 or IS250 at invoice price or less? Please remember, we're talking invoice, not MSRP. Thanks a million billion.

Reply to
Built_Well

My local Lexus dealer was offering the base model ES330 at invoice during the December to Remember sales event 6 months ago. Some dealers are overstocked on the ES330 so they will be willing to sell them at invoice, ESPECIALLY with the new ES coming in big numbers now.

I HIGHLY DOUBT you'll get an IS250 AWD at invoice.

Reply to
NYLexSC