Lexus RX300 check engine light

Hello, I recently purchased a 1999 RX 300 from Grossinger with 86k. The same evening I drove off the lot, the engine light came on, as you can imagine I could not believe it...I said to myself it's no big deal, it's gotta be something minor. a few days later I took it to the lexus sevice center, they ran some tests and advised me that my Mass Air Flow

Sensor had gone bad. Ok I said, let's fix it. It cost me $330.00. The same evening I drove drove off the the lexus service center, the light came back on, I was in a state of disbelief, this can't be happening I said. I took it back to the service center, more tests were run, now the O2 sensors failed. this is going to cost me $500.00 to fix. The Lexus service center manager told me to take the car back to Grossinger

because it's obvious they cheated me. They had to know of these problems when they sold you the car because they checked the vehicle before putting it in the lot. that they masked the engine light in order to sell the car the lexus service center manager told me. I went back to Grossinger and bottom line was that the deal was done, quoting "no one pointed a gun to your head, you signed the papers." What do I do at this point? any ideas?

Reply to
Pappy

I think your Lexus dealer may have been guessing at the problem when he changed the MAF sensor.

Depending on what you mean by "recently purchased" you may have a cause of action against the seller. It depends on your state laws; you'll need an attorney to help you out with that.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Hiring a lawyer will cost me moneyI don't have right now but at the same time I can't have a $21k vehicle parked in the garage. I'll look into IL lemon law and see if there some kind of consumer protection clause.

Reply to
Pappy