LX470 Battery

Hi:

I have a 2000 LX and I think its time for a new battery. Whats your opinion of Die Hard verses OEM? Any other brands I should look at?

Thanks

Reply to
SEPrince1

This is Turtle.

The Die Hard batterys are good but I have a 91 Lexus 400 and bought it when it was about 3 years old and put a Eversure or Eveready something battery from Walmarts on it when I bought it. I used the 900 cranking amp type and it lasted for 8 years and I put a new one on it about 2 years ago and still good. The only one I would not use is a Inter State Battery.

Now I just bought a 95 LS-400 to drive till i can get a good deal on a 01 or up LS-430 which I really want. The total cost to rebuild the 95 LS-400 and cost of the car cost me $10.1K and will sell it when I fine what I want. On E-Bay they are selling for about $15K to $18K and I can always dump it for $10K to someone here. Sorry i got off here. The Newer 95 I bought had a brand new Lexus Brand Battery on it which was 10 month old and it had a bad cell in it. Even the Lexus Batterys I wonder about as being Good Batterys also. I don't know if I would ever want a Lexus battery on it. If give a choice of a Die Hard or a OEM. I would get the Die Hard.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Which one are you currently driving? How many miles do you have on it?

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

This is Turtle.

I just started driving the 95 LS-400 but had the 91 LS-400 for 10 years and has [ had to go check it ] 208k on it. It had about 50K on it when i bought it and now 208K and 10 years later and have had to change one battery at 130K miles and

8 years of use with the total 158K miles and 10 years of use. I used that Walmart ever last or something like that and they are the Yellow and black battery type XX with the 900 cranking amp size. I think when i bought this last one they only had 875 cranking amps on them. The last one i bought was about $50.00 something .

I use these same batterys on my two work trucks and I will say i can't remember the last time i ever change the batterys on them.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE