lx470 suspension flud, serramonte lexus bashing

I brought my 2000 lx470 for oil change service at serramonte lexus (in colma, ca) last november. after i got the car back, the car was riding like i had it set on sport mode. It was bouncing everywhere. it seemed like there was a lack of power as well. I brought it back and told them about my woes and asked if the lack of power was due to timing on the engine since they just replaced my serpentine belt a month earlier. They found nothing wrong

After bouncnig around for a month and feeling slugish. I decided to check under the hood myself.

I found: brake fluid level was high above the line (after pumping it 40 times..). the hydralic suspension fluid was also way above the max line.

I found that the brakes was worn due to the over amount of fluid in the reservior and so i had to replace the brakes. I removed the extra fluids in the suspension and the extra fluids in the brake. now the power is back, but the engine is still a little rough, the suspension is much softer now, but I wonder if the extra fluids had caused any damage to the system.

Reply to
sf

I think that you are confused or a troll. over high levels of either fluid would not cause any adverse effects, the worst effect would be a leak of the excess.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful