Maintenance cost on ES or IS series

I am looking to trade in my Volvo S-60 for a pre-owned Lexus ES300 or IS 300 series auto. The cost for a brake job on the Volvo for all 4 brakes runs $900+ due to the fact that Volvo requires that the rotors are changed every time the pads are. The materials they use are made from soft metals therefore changing out brakes @ 25K miles in not uncommon.

Looking before I leap into what I believe is a better quality car, can anyone lend any incite about maintenance cost on the Lexus series that I've mentioned? I would appreciate any feedback.

Reply to
Dplaz

Being this side of the pond I wonder what is meant by 'rotors' Even living in rip off UK $900 seems exhorbitant. Having driven for too many years a brake pad interval of 25k is not too bad, although it depends on the individuals driving style. I wish I could get a service, at UK dealer, with the prices I have seen in the US I've been quoted $1300 for a 100k srvice on my LS (thats std service without any extra work) I used to take my MB to France to be serviced, it was a third the price of UK

Reply to
old man

I had a local (non-Lexus) service shop do the brakes on my 94 ES; using his source for Lexus parts, labor and all was $500 for all four corners.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty