Nav system safety message when car starting - how to avoid?

Is there any way to make the nav system not put up the safety message? I have a 2004 ES330/nav.

Thanks.

Reply to
tadd

There is no way to do this.

Reply to
Dan J. S.

I test drove one tonight -- how do you like it so far? What options did you get?

Randy

Reply to
Randy S

Randy, I was looking at the RX330 and would have bought it instead of the ES330 but was scared away by the canadian manufacture. The ES330 was made in Japan. The nav system is really neat. In some ways it is too simple and shows that we are still earlly in the development of road navigation systems. For instance, if you go the wrong way on a road (there was a right-turn-only-sign that the nav didn't know about) it will now tell you to take an alternate route that is VERY out of your way instead of asking you to pull into somebody's driveway to do a U turn. Also, it only has three different notions of road travel ability: residential roads; local roads; and freeways. This doesn't make any consideration for traffic lights, bad intersections, etc. and there is no way to convince the system that such and so an intersection is much worse than driving 3 miles out of the way on the highway. You also can't bless roads as being wonderful or overcome missing roads or bad road designations (it WAS a dirt road 5 years ago, now it's a boulevard with no traffic lights!)

On my ES330 I got the nav, the fancy stereo, leather seats, teflon coat. I may have gotten other things that were optional, I forget right off since I just took the first Nav equipped ES330 they got with one of the colors I liked.

Reply to
tadd