No Buliding the GS430?

When I went to look at the GS430 (which was recently reviewed in my local paper and Business Week), the dealer said it is discontinued with only limited supply left on lots (the dealer didn't have one!). So Lexus is going to go without a V-8 sports sedan until the GS460 is released sometime in 2008? Are they boneheads?

Secondly, when is the LS460 being officially offered for sale in the USA?

TIA, Dan

Reply to
dan

I would check with another dealer to see if they have any GS 430's in stock.

According to the press release on the Lexus USA's web site, the LS 460 is targeted to go on sale this fall.

Ray O

What's the big deal about a V8? What's wrong with the faster, cheaper (in the UK at least) GS 450h?

Regards

Steve

Reply to
Scoops

Some people like V-8's. Plus the GS450h is untested new technology. No one knows what the reliability will be.

So Lexus has indeed canceled the GS430?

Dan

Reply to
dan

Yep, 2006 GS430 is the last model year of GS430. in spring 2007, we'll see sales of the GS450h, and in fall of 2007 (most likely, unconfirmed) we will see the GS460. This will give the 4.6L V8 an in progress one year test run with the LS460 that will allow any final bugs to be worked out as production takes place.

Reply to
NYLexSC