What have you heard for A5 Golf arrival?

Hello

I was at my dealer, Friday. He told me August 2005, the new Golfs will be arriving in Canada for sale, pricing/engine choices haven't been released yet apparantly. He said the new Jetta is coming after the Golf (I have heard it will be the other way around for the USA).

Is this consistant with what anyone else has heard about the new models? Golf, GTI, Jetta, Passat in that order.

I was looking at the new Jetta TDI Sport, limited edition model. Very tempting car, I really wish they released it next year, when I can actually afford to buy it (I think i'll wait for the new Golf, and hopefully get a German built one before the Brazilian plant gets production going)... As it is everything I have wanted - Sports suspension, 16" wheels with wider tires, 100Hp PD engine, "chronometer" style gauges, with 260kph speedo, GTI style sports seats, leather wrapped 3 spoke wheel, leather wrapped gearknob, and handbrake.... It's a pretty sweet car.

Maybe I should just buy the "sport edition" badges and one of those TDI (with the red "i") badges and just pretend....

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I heard the real A5 wasn't until early 2005. Might be another year for 2005 & 2005.5 production scenario!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Rob Guenther