No discounts on RX330?

RX330s are in relatively high demand and this dealer is in a prosperous area of the country. So I suspect it's mostly true, although you never know if the "we don't discount" is an opening offer or their final word until you make an offer. On my last car purchase, they said "strictly MSRP" until I made an offer under MSRP, and finally walked out at about $2K off.

You will undoubtedly do better elsewhere. When I lived in the Bay Area, it was easy to do about $1K better on most deals by going North or over into the central valley. There are probably six Lexus dealers within a couple hours drive. I'd get on the phone, or better yet, fax around to the internet mgrs requesting quotes, making an offer for $2K or so over invoice.

I won't get into the argument on this thread, but I would caution you not to judge the goodness of a deal by strictly the discount from MSRP. Some cars are good values at MSRP and some are poor values at $5K off MSRP. Actually, when it comes to value, I think it is hard to justify getting the RX over a similarly-equipped Highlander. But in any event, if you want the RX, I'd shop around and make the best deal you can - if the discount is modest, so be it, you're still getting a fine car.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

prosperous area

modest, so

If you follow the link that I gave Larry, you'd see that people on Edmunds are reporting deals as low as 88.5% of MSRP. Also, if you'd read Larry post of late last night, you'd see that he's already purchased a car.

Reply to
David Z

Thanks, Mark. My wife drove our new RX330 home from Fremont, Magnussen's yesterday, where they were willing to beat an out of state internet quoted price, and did us the additional kindness of flat bedding a vehicle in our color choice from Fresno to Fremont in two days, ready to go. My wife just loves the car, and I trust it.

Appreciate the help.

Reply to
LIW

We didn't do quite that well. We were able to get $3,500 off of MSRP on a mostly loaded vehicle (but not including the Mark Levinson stereo and back seat DVD) , and we were pretty pleased. What a wonderful vehicle, except for some wind noise on the Freeways.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Reply to
LIW

Enjoy it. Very nice car!