Non-smoking RX-350

So what's the deal with the RX-350 not being available in a smoking version? I don't smoke, but I like having a DC accessory socket available, and an ashtray for parking stubs and change.

Reply to
Wayne

- That is a very good question. After having the car for a month (replacing my RX-300), there are some "features" that make you scratch your head. There are so many things on the car that are done right, but the ones that are done wrong are REALLY hosed up. REALLY.

- That's exactly my point. Those accessory outlets are NOT accessible while driving. And if you drop anything from the sliding tray, it falls into the abyss and you have to stop the car to retrieve it.

I bought extender cables for the two accessory outlets and the usb port. So, I can plug something into the extender cables without removing the bottom liner of the console. That pretty much uses up all the utility of the center console however. And of course, plugging into those outlets is best done with the car stopped. I think they REALLY dropped the ball on this "feature".

Reply to
Wayne