Questions re: Maintenance Costs?

Can you please tell me what type of maintenance costs I can expect on owning a 2006 GS300? How much are the oil changes? Are there schedule repair every 5000, 10000 miles? If so, what are the costs associated with those?

Thanks! jason

Reply to
jason.francisco

In the UK service intervals are 10k miles, presume its the same in US. I wont mention UK service cost, as you'll probably pass out!!

Reply to
MrGrumpy

Unfortunately, the premise when you buy a Lexus is "if you have to ask, you can't afford it." The target Lexus buyer is the individual who prefers the luxury appointments of full service and is willing to pay for it without compromise.

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

Reply to
W. Wells

The std UK, London, lexus dealer service charge - 10k miles - is $875 ie Live in the UK and bleed!!!!!!!!

Reply to
MrGrumpy

I keep telling you folks: Get a good independent mechanic to do the work. Dealers are going to make you pay for the service advisors, car washes, clerks, etc. Get a good mechanic who specializes in Lexus, Accra, etc and let him do the work. Dealers make much of their money from the service department.... If your ego requires that you use a dealer then so be it......

Reply to
Neal Hudson

Unfortunately in the UK and Europe in order to have a valied warranty it is neccessary to have a car serviced as per manu.spec at a manu.authorised service outlet, which usually means the Dealer

Reply to
MrGrumpy

Really? I didn't know the target Lexus buyer had a big "I'm a Fricking Idiot" tatooed on his head. Maybe some are like that. As for me, I'm into moderate luxury for great value and low total cost of ownership.

Reply to
Mack

A question such as "how much will an oil change cost for a GS 300" can not really be answered accurately, as each dealer sets it's own price. Best bet is to call a few dealers in the area, ask for the service department, and inquire. Of course, do not forget to buy the car at a good price, since what really counts is the total cost of ownership. Do not forget depreciation also. I would much rather buy a dependable car that had the features I like, at a decent price, with a low depreciation, and pay a little more for service. I have an 03 GS 300 and like it very much, no problems yet and service costs are about the same as my GMC pick-up. However, some other Lexus dealers charge more for service than mine. SF

Reply to
sf/gf

You'd be bonkers (bloody, hopping mad as the brits say) to believe that anything can go wrong with your Lexus in the first 3 yrs (or an extended 6) of the life of your Lexus. Beyond that, it wont matter if you havent got your car washed at a Lexus dealer every time. You're on your own. Find that reliable, experienced mechanic. Do your own oil changes if you can, change your own wiper blades, change your own fuses, change your own light bulbs ... leave the kids some money!!

Reply to
Totaltully