RX-350 "funny spare"

Went over and test drove a RX350. Nice car and would like to buy one.

However, I noticed that it had a "funny spare". This seems like a stupid cheapening of a $40K+ car. I have never had anything but problems with "funny spares". They can turn a 30 minute problem into a lost day of vacation.

With that rant over..... Does anyone know if a full sized tire will fit in the available space? (The Lexus guys didn't)

--Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

The original RX300 came with a full sized spare. Looks like Toyota is trying to squeeze out more profit.

Reply to
tww1491

Heh heh...that's an idea.... Next trip over there, pull the spare out of their RX350 and see if the full sized spare from my RX300 will fit the hole.

Reply to
Wayne