Spare tire for 2009 Miata

If anyone knows, please tell me where I can purchase a spare tire, dough nut variety for my 2009 Miata

Reply to
Jay Graves

I have had good luck in the past with a wanted to buy ad on the Miata.net classifieds.

Also, there are often tops for sale that have been removed from a 2006+ MX-5 racing project. If you can find the seller of one of the tops, the spare wheel from the same car may be available as well.

Finally, your spare wheel may be compatible with the RX-8 and/or another

5-lug Mazda Car. That may be worth checking into if a 2006-2009 MX-5 wheel does not turn up.

Good luck!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Try a junkyard. A Mazda3 spare should fit the hub and clear the brakes.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

They don't HAVE a spare, they have a repair kit instead. One more reason the "C" are on my list of cars I don't want.

Reply to
XS11E

I knew they weren't standard but I figured it was an option you could choose, yes or no?

Also, I believe PWS is right, RX-8 or Mazda 3 spares should work.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I can't find it on Mazda's website so I think it's a NO.

I don't know, he probably is but if anybody gets one and it doesn't fit, send hate mail to Pat, not me, OK?

Reply to
XS11E

I would take the car and a hydraulic jack with me and see if it fit before I committed more than $10.00 to the spare wheel purchase.

The spare gets thrown in with the jack if I know I am going to be more than 50 miles or so from where I can get help from someone who owes a favor, and there seem to be more of those people every day. :-)

In 10 years, I needed to have a spare tire brought to me one time. Every other time I was able to air the tire up with my tiny electric compressor and make it to the shop.

That said, I do want the car to have the ability to have a spare, and I really like a vehicle to have full-sized spare that gets rotated, but that is out of the question with a Miata, especially running 16 inch wheels where I can't fit one even in a completely empty trunk.

I would not have wanted to drive any car from Texas to North Carolina without it in the trunk. Way too many stretches of road where a shredded tire would truly ruin the vacation.

Pat

Reply to
pws

My last 3 flat tires were completely destroyed by crap on the roadway. One picked up a nail in the sidewall and when the nail was removed the sidewall blew out, one split open from the center of the tread to the bead and the third was similar.

These were each a couple of years apart but I wouldn't leave my driveway w/o a spare! I carry a roadside service plan PLUS a cell phone but help isn't always in an area with cell coverage.

Reply to
XS11E