front axle seals leaking 2003 suburban

I've got front drive axle seals (am I saying that right) are leaking on my suburban. I want to get it fixed but I don't have the $$ today. Dealer makes it sound like it has to be fixed yesterday-- others tell me that unless you engage the four wheel drive-- this is not an immediate repair--in other words can wait. Your thoughts?

Reply to
Carlton Clay

if the axle shafts are turning when its going down the road then yes it needs to be fixed, or your going to be looking at bearings as well as seals. The other option is to keep adding fluid to keep it topped off. If this is a short trip vehicle that's an inconvience, unless they are really leaking like a sieve. For a long trip I wouldn't drive it with out getting it fixed.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I believe that those axle shafts are not turning-- that's what one person tells me- next person tells me something different.

Reply to
Carlton Clay