RX300 spark plug

Hi folks,

I am thinking i would like to replace my spark plugs, the mileage is about 60600. Does anyone know how this can be done?

thanks, Fish

Reply to
fish

Your nearby mechanic!

Reply to
Wayne

Those rear plugs are a real pain .... go with NGK or ND plugs though.

Reply to
Curtis Newton

What do you think about those Bosch plugs with the four prongs? I am hearing good things about them, from the attached post i beleive.

Fish.

Reply to
fish

Don't ever use them...EVER. Stick with Denso or NGK. Trust me on this one.

Reply to
Viperkiller

hehe, why do you say that? what is your experience with them? i cant imagine a spark plug making a big difference, but do you know any technical differences that do or dont work as advertised?

Fish.

Reply to
fish

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 00:17:10 GMT, fish graced this newsgroup with:

do some research on the internet about the different types of spark plugs and you'll see why having the proper plug can make a *huge* difference in the mpg and performance of your car.

Reply to
nospam

yeap, cant go wrong with stock plugs.

Reply to
fish

Hi Fish,

I did this recently to my RX300 and although not easy, the labor involved was not that bad. It took me about 1 hour to get all 6 plugs off and new ones on. You will need the correct socket and extension plus a flex to get to them. Again, not too terribly difficult. Also, make sure that before you start, you clean out the throttle body properly. Be very carefull not to spray too much or directly to the air-flow meter otherwise you can burn it up and your check engine light will light up like a Christmas tree.

You also don't need to buy the Lexus plug as you can purchase other brand that is the same and just as effective. Check this talkaboutautos site for plugs.

Good luck

Bricenoj

Reply to
Briceno

Hey Bricenoj

thanks for the information. I got a feeling I can do this job just about like you, in about an hour. i got a 3/8 extension for my ratchet, along with the flex adapter, and I got patience. I think i will be doing this sometime in next month. I will be getting denso or NGK plugs, or whatever they recommend, i usually go to napa or autozone and just get the best OEM replacements.

thanks, Fish.

Reply to
fish