Unusual Radio Reset Problem

I have a 1993 LS400. I disconnected my battery recently so I could clean off some corrosion. When I went back to reset my radio, I ran into a problem
I have never encountered. I've reset the radio before and I know the procedure. Step 1 is to put key to ACC slot and then turn radio off, etc...
Well, here is my problem: I cannot turn the radio off to remove "SEC" from the screen! Therefore, I cannot get to the point where I can enter my code, which I know. My on/off switch was a little faulty before, but it always -- with a little longer push than usual -- shut off/on.
Does anyone know how to handle this or does it sound like I'll need to see the dealer?
Thanks,
Bruce
In case anyone needs help with this problem, I found a solution posted by MASTERSON elsewhere on this board that WORKED!!!! Yeah, see http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/lexus/635/lLS-400-radio-problem
Here is what I did: 1) Turned key from OFF position to ACC position for 61+ minutes 2) Went through the usual procedure (although, I still could not shut off the radio, the SEC remained on the screen, when doing Step 1). On my radio (1993 LS400 Nakamichi system), "SEC," not "code" remained on the screen during the 61 minutes.
Feels good to be listening to the radio again while driving. (For the record, I likely would have gone to the dealer had this solution not worked; I tend to be a do-it-yourselfer type when possible.)
Thanks MASTERSON, wherever you are!!!!!!!
Bruce