Sticker on visor - removal?

Hi. My mother-in-law recently purchased a new ES330. She hates the bright yellow airbag warning stickers on the sun visors, but has had no luck getting them off (and obviously doesn't want to damage the visors).

Anyone had any luck removing these?

Reply to
gad

I hate them too.

Do you think there are people out there, who read their visors each day, before they start their car ?

It seems to be just another legal CYA notice we have to live with, like:

"Coffee in cup may be very hot".

Reply to
njbok

***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

Reply to
KG

Maybe it's easier to find a nice sticker and cover the ugly one.

Reply to
John

I've seen some cars that have ugly bright yellow airbag stickers PASTED on the wooden dash. I've even seen such cars in general circulation and not just at the dealer--i.e., the person who bought the car has not removed the stsicker, presumably because they cannot without damaging the wood. I would not buy such a car unless the dealer removed the sticker without any trace of glue residue. Ridiculous.

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby

I've had good luck carefully and slowly pulling them up by the corner while using a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen (but not melt) the glue a tad. On the feltish material of the visors, it sometimes leaves a very, very faint outline where the sticker was (probably due to the nap of the fabric being affected rather than any actual glue left over) but you really have to look closely to see it. Unless the underlying material is vinyl, you really want to stay away from any kind of solvent which would make a mess. Even on vinyl, I'd do a test.

I think it really helps to catch them as early as possible. I'm sure once they stay on there a while, the glue ages and makes it more difficult.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen