Successor to SC430

Here is a quote from Topspeed.com about a proposed successor to the SC430.

The SC430 may be getting booted headfirst out of Lexus’ lineup, but don’t think for one minute that the Japanese auto brand hasn’t already made plans for a successor. Snuggling itself in the SC430’s slot will be the LC600h (tentatively named) which will be built on a shortened version of the next-generation LS platform. A Lexus insider claims that the LC600h will capture the essence of Lexus, including their performance, luxury, and environment causing it to reach the luxurious status of the Mercedes SL-Class.

I've been a Mercedes SL owner for more than 20 years, and I took a close look at the latest SLs before buying a new SC430 nearly 3 years ago. In my opinion the SC is a superior car to the SL in build quality and luxury, and its performance is fine for me: I'm not a boy racer.

Any comments, particularly about why Lexus withdrew the SC430?

Reply to
Robin Bignall

I read that here in the U.S. the sales of the SC430 had pretty much dropped down into the noise level. Apparently the demand in the rest of the world also has also dropped off.

Personally, I didn't like the way it looked.

Bob

Reply to
bob

It sort of grows on you. I've had all sorts of people from medical consultants to check-out girls say, in effect, "I love your car". Also personally, I think the latest SLs look a little vulgar, but I couldn't explain why in any greater detail.

Reply to
Robin Bignall