Those are NOT racing tires!

They are just over-priced Goodyears.

You can replace them with several replacement brands for a lot less.

Just bought Yokohama replacement for $140 a tire at Discount. Installed. 520 wear number.

OEM tires are usually a huge rippoff.

Reply to
nopcbs

realy? if only we knew what you were talking about

Reply to
old man

The world's fastest production cars (VW Bugatti Veyron, >250 MPH) run only on Michelins for a reason. Owners of those aren't going to use K- Mart specials like Bridgestone/Firestone for example.

Pirelli and Michelins are considered premium tires.

Reply to
johngdole

Considered premium by who? I had a Mustang with Michelins and they were thread bare and dry rotted after 2 years and 18K . Worst pieces of crap I have ever owned . As for your 250 MPH tires what do you think they cost and the quality control and research that goes into them? It is not the quality tire they sell to the everyday users . You sound alot like a Car and Driver expert to me.

Reply to
Ice

Actually, Michelin does make crappy tires. The fact that they also make good tires is immaterial.

Toyota puts Michelins on the Prius for a reason--because they're cheap, cheap, cheap. And the tires show it.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty