Transmission fluid filter- SC400/LS400

I keep seeing a Bosch transmission filter and gasket advertised on ebay- when I called the dealer they said there is no filter, just a screen and it's almost never replaced! also the dealer said there is no gasket, it is sealed with RTV only.

what gives? anyone ever replaced the filter or removed the transmission pan on a 92-97 SC400/LS400?

my SC400 has ~150k miles on it now, and although I have changed the transmisison fluild regularly, I was wondering if I need to replace the filter.

Thanks! Bruce - North Carolina USA

Reply to
Bruce

The dealer's information is correct.