VSC and ABS lights ON!

My VSC and ABS lights sometimes come on at the same time, and then they go off again together. Then they come back on again later. I took it to the local Lexus dealership and they hooked up a handheld computer to get the code, but no code was indicated. They are puzzled and suggested that I bring the car in for further diagnosis. Any clue on what may be happening?

Sometimes I could feel the ABS system activating when I press on the brakes. Right after that, the lights would come on together. But sometimes the lights would come on even without the ABS system being activated (as far as I can tell of course).

This is a 1998 Lexus LS400.

Thanks

Reply to
dchou4u