What to do re my dealer?

My dealer says my brakes are normal - I don't think so - ABS should not chatter in regular stops or slowdowns at 60 mph and I don't think that grabbing while stopping is worse while the brakes are cold is normal - not even for a Lexus. My dealer can't change the day running lights to off. My dealer can't change my auto wipers to anything else, but the sensitivity setting is changable on the stalk thingy by adjusting it up or down. What do I do about these matters?

On the good side, my dealer did say they could inflate the tires to 38 lbs each and claim they did so. They also say that I don't have to interrupt my trip out west by car to get the car checks done at 5000 miles and that it will not violate my warranty if I let it go to 7,000 miles. Is that true?

Reply to
mcbrue

Just more reasons that i will never buy another lexus or encourage any relative or friend buy one. Toyota/Lexus has some serious quality and service issues and they will get their comeuppance soon.

Reply to
Mack

Without actually riding in your car and experiencing the brake issues, I can't say whether what you are experiencing is normal or not, which is why I recommended that you take it to the dealer.

The ABS should not activate in "regular" stops, but if you nail the brakes at 60 mph, or on a wet roadway, it is not unusual for the ABS to activate.

I suspect that the Lexus has more power boost than you are accustomed to, making them touchy, or perhaps the pushrod is mis-adjusted or adjusted towards the sensitive side.

I don't know miuch about the automatic wipers and don't have useful advice for you regarding them.

1 trip at 7,000 miles will not void your warranty.
Reply to
Ray O