What Would You Do?

A day or two after I picked up my new RX-330 from the dealer, it rained here and I wanted to remove the floor mats in order to clean them. I had no problem removing the front passenger mat but when I began removing the driver mat, I found that it was stuck to the carpet. I carefully pulled the mat away from the carpet but the mat still had about a 4" diameter patch of carpet fuzz stuck to it. Where the fuzz was stuck to the bottom of the mat, I noticed that the sharp points were rounded off and it had a strong odor of what appeared to be fabric/carpet protectant. I have the light grey interior and when you look closely at the affected carpet area, you can see very small black dots probably being the tips of the carpet's non-skid spikes. You don't really notice it if you don't look closely but still, when you purchase a new vehicle, especially a Lexus, you don't want anything wrong with it. Here are some of my ideas: 1. get a good estimate of the damage and have the dealer reimburse you monetarily or with some other type of compensation 2. allow them to clean the affected area the best the dealer can do and call it even 3. attempt to forget about it but always have it nag at you in the back of your mind 4. actually forget about it 5. allow the dealer to remove and replace the carpet and later deal with all of the potential problems with the removed and replaced interior items There are more options I can think of but the question if up to you.

ftttu at hot mail do com

Reply to
ftttu

I'd do number 5. To their credit, they want customers to be satisfied. And replacing interior features like carpet is not as big a deal as you are making it. They'll fix it fine.

Reply to
B. Newman

Ask the dealer nicely to make it right. In my experience, they will. Lexus wants satisfied customers. They have done a number of things on my wife's car that are beyond the warranty just to get her to give them a good report card.

Reply to
Stephen Clark

i'd bitch for an immediate solution from the dealer or Lexus of North America. you didn't buy that shit, why should you put up with it. do not feel guilty.

Reply to
Jimmy Smith

We are so busy that we haven't gotten back to them yet about this problem. I'll hopefully see what happens in the next week or two. Thanks for the posts!

Reply to
ftttu