when will GS300 get total redesign?

  1. When will the GS 300 get a total redesign, not some cosmetic schmutz.

  1. When will the GS series seriously take on BMW? Isn't it about time? Does Lexus have the balls to take it all? Why not go for the sporty, slightly more aggressive driver? Do they have ANY idea how much money they are leaving on the table? Maybe they can't do it! Maybe they can't come up with a car that is truly fun to drive and bigger than an IS300.

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy Smith

My salesman told me that the GS is scheduled for a re-design next year. He didn't go into too many details but said that a mid-year release like the RX is likely.

Reply to
DirkDiggler

I agree with your sentiment, but realistically Lexus may simply not care about competing head-on with BMW in the niche sporty market. You have to understand that most people who buy BMW's do so for the BMW image, not because BMW is a sporty car. BMW has cultivated that image for decades. Lexus has never cultivated it and Toyota did it only a little and briefly in the U.S. (the sainted Supra TT). Lexus has always cultivated an image of best-in-class build quality and comfort. They have been extremely successful as a result. Purely in a business sense, why do you think they want to change that image, even if they could? When Lexus and Infiniti first launched. Lexus chose the stated image. Infiniti chose the bad-boy performance image in their Q45. Who succeeded and slapped the Germans upside their head? Who failed and has never caught up?

Logic aside, I do wish that Lexus/Toyota would get their dander up and build some models that would eat BMW's lunch. They can unquestionably do it if they want, but I don't think they will ever want to do it enough to be willing to spend the money and pick up just a few conquest sales.

Business models can suck.

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Reply to