Windshield Wiper Adjust?

I have the ultradelux package on an 06 LS430 so it should be the ultimate with great everything. When it was raining I turned on the wipers. There is a slow, a fast, and an automatic speed. The slow is not slow. The fast is fast, but not fast enough to clear a downpour. The auto is all over the place in an irritating fashion. Is there a way to adjust the speed of the wipers to something that I like? Is there a way to make the speed variable and adjustable by me?

Reply to
mcbrue

I believe that there is an adjustment for the auto mode, where it is more or less sensitive.

Reply to
Ray O

You should just sell the car as you are plainly too stupid to own one.

Reply to
Edgar

My advice is to take it back to the dealer and complain.

I have an 05 ES 330 and had a problem with the 'auto' mode -- initially, after buying the car, the 'auto' mode worked fine, it kept the windshield clear, but over time, the time between sweeps got longer and longer (even in a heavy downpour) to the point where I'd turn on the regular wipers on 'low' or 'fast' to clear the windshield. I just took it back for the 30k-mile checkup and told the dealer (I kept forgetting every time previously). they said they checked it out and found nothing wrong. fortunately that day, when I left the dealer, it was pouring. i put the wipers on 'auto' and damned if they didn't work like they used to. even though the dealer said nothing was wrong, I suspect they may have reset something.

as long as you paid your hard-earned money for that car and it's still under warranty, COMPLAIN!!! Fortunately, with my ES 330 I haven't had anything to really complain about except for the wiper 'auto' mode and the notorious 'transmission lag' (which the dealer fixed).

Reply to
Mike Piacente

Thanks Mike and Ray. I will ask about a variable wiper speed when I go back to the dealer. It just does not seem right to have so little choice available in the ultra-duded-up model. But it could be just my stupidity, Edgar, to expect the car to behave as good as a car that costs much less. Did you find your wiper speeds to be adequate Ed (may I call you Ed?)? Well off to knight schol to try for my GED!

Reply to
mcbrue

troll

Reply to
dulles

My car does not have automatic wipers but the RX that the dealer gave me to drive while my car was being serviced did. I thought that the auto wipers worked very well, from misting to downpour. I seem to recall seeing a TSB on the auto wipers, but I don't remember which models and what the problem was so it is worth asking the dealership about, and asking if the TSB applies to your car.

Reply to
Ray O

The auto (rain-sensing) setting does seem to be a bit erratic on my 2006 GS300, but it can apparently be reset to give a true "interval wiper" effect (w/o rain sensing). Don't know what the max/min delay characteristics might be here, but it might be worth a try if you don't like what you are getting now.

This is described as a "dealer settable change" although there might be a cheat code that would let you do it. Jay

Reply to
Jay Somerset

The auto wipers on my 2004 ES 330 don't function properly, either.

Next time I'm at the Lexus dealer, I'm going to ask them to reprogram the wipers to manual mode.

Reply to
David Z