Interesting troubleshooting question

I took a '96 Lexus LS300 in for an oil change. It seems they added 5 quarts, but not take old oil out.

Within a few miles I was blowing so much smoke that there are bugs left in Northern Virginia.

I returned to the place where the oil was added, and they removed all of the oil and added a fresh 5 quarts.

Within 300 yards, no more smoke. Will there be long term problems? Do need to do anything?

Reply to
garantjay

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 22:06:39 -0400, "garantjay" graced this newsgroup with:

Probably not anything serious since it sounds like you didn't drive far, however, I *strongly* recommend you take your car to a reputable shop and explain to them what happen so they can examine the engine.

Otherwise, if something happens because of this incident a month from now,you'll have a hard time proving it was the oil change shop.

Reply to
amstaffs

I would take the car to a Lexus dealership or another reputable repair facility and have the spark plugs and PCV valve replaced with OEM parts, and check the intake snorkel, throttle body, idle air control valve, and MAF sensor for oil deposits and ask the place that did the oil change to reimburse you for the cost. Overfilling the oil probably the spark plugs and PCV valve, and may have left some residue on the other stuff. Most likely, no permanent damage was done.

Reply to
Ray O