Windshield Wiper Problem

The fast speed on my windshield wipers quit. The low speed works just fine and the intermittent part works good but the fast speed just doesn't do anything. As a matter of fact if you go from low speed to high speed the wipers just stop where they are when you get to the high speed part of the switch. Anybody got any ideas what's gone wrong? Is there any chance that the high speed is on a separate fused line from the low speed? Am I gonna have to take the wiper motor out for repair/replacement? What kind of job is it to replace the switch? I'm sure hoping that it's something as simple as a blown fuse. The truck is an '85 SR5 Extra Cab. Any info will be appreciated. TIA. Jerry

PS If you'd prefer to reply via e:mail please take one of the zeroes out of my return address. jj

Reply to
Jerry

I have the same problem with my '87 4x4 Toy...let me know what you find out.Tku Vince

Reply to
Vencil Selvage

Will do. So far I haven't heard a word. jj

Reply to
Jerry

Its probably a dirty contact on the column mounted switch vice the wiper motor (since it works on the other speeds). Taking the steering housing off you could probably check that with at volt meter. Not sure if the stalk is able to be taken apart and cleaned. Its not difficult to replace with a used one though.

Reply to
Wolfgang