1979 Chevy Caprice

The message from Dennard Higgins contains these words:

I think you might be better of in a US group. I don't suppose many of us have even heard of a Chevy Caprice, let alone seen one.

Reply to
Guy King

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know about a 1979 Chevy Caprice carburetor. I am trying to find the gas and air screw when I start it up the carburetor it is getting too much gas and I need to adjust the carburetor but can't find a manual or any time help. So please if anyone has any info it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.....

Reply to
Dennard Higgins

I think the Chevy Caprice is a better looking Chevy Chase, but I may be wrong.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Huge big things, that year was a big square thing then 80's more modern, cop n taxis. top of the range had the vette engine. Also called a something else in non cop form that escapes me this minute.

I have some, although small plastic cars and i read cUS cop books, so thats the reason i know about em. ;-)

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Impala..........

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

In news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk, Guy King decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Bernard Manning used to have a Caprice Classic.

I know, my mate bought it off him.

Of course, we painted it matt black, took the wheeltrims off, painted the front doors white (with a badly painted black star scrubbed out) and called it the "bluesmobile"

Shame it was a proper /sloooowwww/ old lump. 5.7 with a piddling little twin choke Rochester "economy!" carb on it.

Good points : Dead deep fluffy carpet, huge old leather bench seat in the front Would wheelspin anywhere, and make the genuine authentic US cop film screeches. V8 sounded ace once we removed most of the silencing I bought it off my mate for £600, and swapped it for a

74 Oldsmobile Delta 88.. 7.5 litres of barge.

Bad points : 11 mpg, and the entire interior was beige. The "Blues Mobile" paint job destroyed any value it might have once had Drivers seat was saggier than a saggy thing. I blame Bernard. The Oldsmobile was even worse on fuel. 8 mpg if lucky.

Reply to
Pete M

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

Like a dirty nappy?

Reply to
Guy King

In news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk, Guy King decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Pretty much. Not as bad as a 1979 Datsun Bluebird I once owned. Interior in that was truly bilious

Reply to
Pete M