1994 Rover 220 cooling system

After an incident with a hose disconnecting my cooling system needs to be re-filled. I only have a Haynes book for a 214, and whilst similar to the 220 I am having trouble finding:

1) "The bleed screw - on the coolant rail underneath the distributor" 2) "The filler stem / filler cap" 3) "The drain tap - bottom right of radiator" In other words I can't find anything I need to do the job! None of these things are in the places indicated for a 214 - so anyone got experience of a 220 and remember where these things are? Also because of the large quantities of anti-freeze and soft water needed (2.9 litres water & 2.9 litres anti-freeze), and tips on cheapest places to get them? Halfords charge £1 for a 1litre of water, and £8 for 2litres of anti-freeze - so I would need 3 waters and 2 af = £19.00! TIA GTS
Reply to
GTS

GTS wrote: || After an incident with a hose disconnecting my cooling system needs || to be re-filled. || I only have a Haynes book for a 214, and whilst similar to the 220 I || am having trouble finding: || 1) "The bleed screw - on the coolant rail underneath the || distributor" 2) "The filler stem / filler cap" || 3) "The drain tap - bottom right of radiator" || In other words I can't find anything I need to do the job! None of || these things are in the places indicated for a 214 - so anyone got || experience of a 220 and remember where these things are? || Also because of the large quantities of anti-freeze and soft water || needed (2.9 litres water & 2.9 litres anti-freeze), and tips on || cheapest places to get them? Halfords charge £1 for a 1litre of || water, and £8 for 2litres of anti-freeze - so I would need 3 waters || and 2 af = £19.00! || TIA || GTS

I've always used filtered rainwater from water butt, very cheap and no limescale problems.

Reply to
Ivan