1994 Rover Vitesse (Turbo - petrol)

Hi For the last 3 days on starting my car from cold, will drive perfectly ok for about 10 miles, then develops a severe misfire - particularly at over

2500 revs in 2nd - can then manage to get to work / home using low acceleration + 3/4/5 gears. If ignition switched off for only a few minutes - then car will run and rev normally for a limited time. I have seen 2 mechanics, one saying it was the catalytic converter - the other saying it is the fuel pump (which incidentally has recently developed a distinct "pitched type noise" over the last few days. Would appreciate any advice. Regards James
Reply to
james willsden

Change the rotor arm and distrubutor cap, sounds like its tracking and spiking the ECU .

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)