2006 Focus - front wing repeater indicators

How do you replace the bulb in the front wing-mounted repeater indicator on a 2006 Ford Focus?

Is it wheel off and remove the inner wing cover, or is there an easier way in? I assume the indicator doesn't simply pull/unclip out of the wing. What holds it in place?

Thanks

Reply to
mlv

Is it not shown in the owner's handbook? It is for the Mk 1, where it is simply a case of sliding the lens assembly upwards and outwards.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Most just lever out as rear access would be tricky being inside a double skin. Could be from one end only - no obvious signs of a slot etc? But doesn't the handbook help?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It possibly would, if I had one to hand :-)

I didn't think the indicator unit would simply pull out because that would be much too easy.

Reply to
mlv

They do on both my cars.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He's right you know. IME repeaters either pull straight out. Slide forwards or backwards a liitle and then pull out, or rotate 90 degrees and then pull out. Having said that, the sliding or turning type can sometimes be quite stiff to move. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Mike G

The Ford Focus handbook was very helpful, in a Haynes sort of way.

"Pull indicator out", it said.

Hah! Fat chance if you value your finger nails. Lever it out maybe.

"Quite stiff" is an understatement.

Reply to
mlv