Changing side indicator repeater on a 90

Hi,

A recent trip to the peaks found the weak point in the rust on my side indicator so I need to replace it (the whole unit). I assumed I'd be able to get to it from inside the wing but there is a panel in the way. Do I need to remove the outer wing or can I get away with the wheel arch extensions?

Its on a '87 V8 90 and is the bolt on type not the push in... grrrrr.

Interestingly the lights and bodywork are not covred in the copies of the 90 manual I found on the net.

Thanks

Simon

Reply to
Simon Rose

On or around Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:03:28 +0100, "Simon Rose" enlightened us thusly:

wheel arch extensions should do it, that and those special 6"-long fingers with 5 joints in 'em...

actually, you don't need all of the extension off, just enough of it undone to get it out of the way, and mind you catch the little black pieces from the Funny Fasteners. I have a special tool for undoing those, made out of a nail. The end has a short bit ground down to just under the size of the hole in the FF, and this bit is not long enough to push the middle bit all the way through. It's about a 3" nail, and the main diameter doesn;t go through the hole. If the things are stuck, then you can tap it with a small hammer to start it. you then get yer fingers in behind the thing and pull the middle bit out from the far side of the fastener. The fastener then comes out of the hole, and you start the thing back in from the front side, ready to push it back when you re-assmeble.

You can, of course, be extravagant and buy new FFs.

and in terms of replacing it, get the newer type push-in lamps, cheaper and easier to fit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles