306 heater blower fault - part 2

well I got round to looking at this the other day and it seems that a dodgy relay was causing the problem. I dropped a replacement in and the fan worked straight away.

However, there is some heat damage to the vertical pin on the relay I pulled out; the fan occasionally cuts out and the controls don't operate (just like before, but it only happens for a few seconds before working again). On closer inspection there looks to be a bit of melting to the fuse box at the vertical pin part of the relay socket.

Do you reckon that damage to the fuse box is causing the cutting out now, or could there be an underlying problem which damaged the original relay?

Sodding vehicle electrics lol

Reply to
Abo

If you've not cleaned the carbon off the contacts in the fusebox it is.

Reply to
Conor

Doh, fair point Conor. I'll go and have a play this afternoon; I was hoping to head off to Lytham tomorrow and I could do with a working fan and a/c...

Reply to
Abo

Once they have overheated it can be difficult to sort out without cutting back to sound metal. Your over heating problem might be where the cable crimps or solders to the relay socket.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well it's only been a mild day in Lytham and I survived without a/c (really must get it re-gassed...) :)

Reply to
Darran Ames

Didn't go in the end, my laptop needed a rebuild so I went to my local office instead. Might go over tomorrow...

Reply to
Abo