405 interior fan stuck on max!

I was driving along with the fan on half way on the dial and all of a sudden it went full blast and moving the dial has very little affect.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what's the cause? Do I just need to fit a new fan or could it be the dial has malfunctioned? (I hope it's not the latter cos that will mean taking the dash to bits).

Reply to
Kris

Had this in an orion

Diode pack?

Reply to
John

I think the controller is knackered. This is part of the fan and can be repaired if you have some electronics knowledge ( fit a new poer transisitor, or replaced with a new unit from Pug.

regards Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Fixed! I got another fan from a 405.