95 fiesta door pin removal

Hi all, my car got broken into last night - nothing much stolen but they have done a number on my passenger door.

Rather than got for the smashed window option, they instead bent the door out at the B pillar - glass is still intact but the door is goosed.

According to haynes I need a door pin removal tool which is supposedly available from Ford themselves but none of the dealers or motor factors near me can help.

Does anybody know of any way to get the pins out without the tool or aternatively how to fabricate one?

TIA

Reply to
Kevin Scott

Centre punch and big sledge hammer?

Reply to
gazzafield

Followed by lots of swearing as his fingers change shape? I find it easier to hold one small hammer against the pin and hit it with a second, larger hammer. That way your fingers stay well clear. Dunno if I'd like to try it with a tinfoil car like a Fester though.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

are you saying they bent the window frame out on the latch end of door?just bend it back!i did this on a tempo.but ya,door pins are not alotta fun.would like to see special tool that would make it easy.

Reply to
oldkid

Tis a longish solid metal bar with the punch in the end, you can then wallop the bar & hence the punch without clouting the door skin or the wing. Buy a bit of solid bar & drill a hole the right size, then apply welder.

Reply to
Duncanwood